Sunday 14 March 2010

Things Move Fast..........Sometimes!!

Well it has been a very fast moving few weeks for me and I am now faced with some new challenges in the form of new job!. Shortly after my last posting I received not one but two calls in the space of as many days offering me the opportunity to get back into to the managing aspect of care. I have been working at an EMI unit this last few months after having to job hunt twice in the space of last year, and this was a hands on job, returning to my roots in the business. I thoroughly enjoyed this, even though working nights is a bit of a killer, and I met some really nice career carers who despite their time in the job remained caring and conscientious. The biggest problem with the job I guess was the pay, not a problem while I can claim child tax credit (I have my own views about this keeping pay low) but this will change in a few years, and by then I will have been out of the loop for too long. Anyhow, I found an informal chat turn into a written offer of employment and started in my new job on the 8th March. Flattering.....yes, scary....definitely as I find myself struggling with new data bases. I hope I have made the best decision for me, I know it's the best decision for my family, but I can already feel the old anxieties and pressure returning. Only time will tell, and I guess that I should be grateful for such an opportunity in these difficult times.
I got out fishing yesterday, and what a beautiful day it was down here in Devon, warm and sunny in the calm wind. I didn't want to be adventurous so I went to my old favourite "Little Allers". I fished one sleeper rod for Carp, using a Dynamite fish and Robin Red boilie, and used soft-hook pellets and a feeder to have a go at the Bream and Roach in the lake. This worked well for the Roach, though I was plagued with more that my fair share of nuisance fish, I did manage a couple reaching the pound mark. The Bream were a no show, however, I did manage a couple of Roach/Bream hybrids which surprised another angler at the lake that had never seen them there. The Carp sleeper rod remained just that except for one Mirror Carp of about 5lbs which was very welcome. The good news is that I did see a few Carp, cruising in the upper water layers out by the island. My attempts to see if they would feed by catapulting out a few floating baits proved fruitless, but their presence was a good sign, and another few weeks should see me returning to stalking a few out off the top as the water temperature rises.
Forgot to say in the first paragraph that my new office is within strolling distance of two well stocked fishing tackle shops. Oh dear!!....................................

No comments: